“One-stop shop for all your Calibration needs”
At Tra-Cal we listen to you and make every effort to provide the services you need to satisfy your business requirements. This makes Tra-Cal Lab the foremost calibration laboratory worldwide.
The Metrology Lab’s policies and procedures rigorously adhere to the standards specified by ISO IEC 17025:2017. The Lab is inspected every year by ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB), an authorized Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC) and International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) ISO inspection company. This ensures ongoing compliance to ISO standards. An in-house auditing team continually monitors ISO compliance and conducts internal audits to document adherence to ISO standards.
During every calibration, the standards used by Tra-Cal technicians can be traced back to U.S. National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) to ensure traceability measurement accuracy. Equipped with state-of-the-art standards and operated by highly skilled technicians, the Metrology Lab provides calibration in accordance with original manufacturer’s specifications, using manufacturer’s procedures. The goal is to provide you with quality calibration that results in the highest possible test equipment accuracy and reliability.
- In-Lab and Onsite Calibration Services
- Equipment (Asset) Management Services
- Precision Metrology Services
- Independent Lab and Field Testing Services
- Used Test Equipment Refurbishing
- Test Solutions and Accessories
- Test Engineering and Applications
All Equipment is returned with a NIST-Traceable certification. Calibration services available:
NIST Bronze Level
- Full Calibration to 100% OEM Specifications
- ANSI Z540 Standard without data
Silver Level (ANSI-Z540-1)
- ANSI Z540-1 with as-found & as-left data
- Includes Bronze Level Service to OEM Spec.
- Adds ANSI-Z540 “As Found” and “As Left” Data for every parameter.
- Includes Data printout.
Gold Level (ISO-17025)
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 with data & uncertainties
- Includes Silver Level Service. Adds Uncertainty Computations.
- Provided Audited Third Party Oversight (from our ILAC, NACLA and APLAC Accrediting Body)
Platinum Level (ANSI Z540.3)
- ANSI Z540.3 with data & uncertainties and Guardbanding
- Includes Gold Level Service.
- Adds Guardbanding.
- Provided Audited Third Party Oversight (from our ISO Registrar – available at additional cost)
- Environmentally-controlled facilities to ensure high quality and accurate calibrations and measurements.
- Direction by a Tenured Lab Manager
- Professionally trained technicians in electronic and mechanical calibration.
- Custom database for data sheets, history, invoices, and computerized recall for upcoming due date.
- Serviced by all the major carriers (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Fast turnaround on most calibration services.
- Rush calibration service, i.e., overnight and 3-day service.
- Instrument pickup and delivery regionally.
- Monthly notification when instruments are due for calibration.
- Fluke MET/TEAM software equipment management system.
- Instrument Cleaning
- Safety Checks
- Battery and Fuse Replacement
- Asset Preservation and Maintenance
- Local Pickup and Delivery (DC Metro area)
We are constantly updating and expanding our electronic, mechanical, optical, temperature, pressure and dimensional calibration capabilities by listening to your business requirements, committing financial resources to new instruments and dedicating many hours to extensive employee certification and training. Remaining up-to-date with instrumentation and techniques is crucial to your success and ours.
- Optical Test Equipment
- High Voltage/Current
- Torque Wrench
- Rapid thermal processing (RTP)
Infrared thermometers, or IR thermometers are widely used to measure temperature in everything from the food and beverage industry to manufacturing. Using infrared technology, temperature can be measured without contacting…
For more than thirty years, Tra-Cal's ISO-17025-2017 accredited calibration laboratory has provided quality calibration services for test and measurement equipment. Tra-Cal calibrates a broad range of radio frequency and microwave…
Tra-Cal calibrates a broad range of optical test equipment including: Wavelength Meters Optical Power Meters Optical Spectrum Analyzers Optical Light Sources Optical Attenuators All Equipment is returned with a NIST-Traceable…
Temperature Calibrations Tra-Cal provides temperature calibration service for a broad range of thermometers including: Liquid-in-glass thermometers Bimetal and dial thermometers Thermocouples Resistance temperature detectors (RTDs) NIST-traceable report for: Description Temperature…
For more than thirty years, Tra-Cal has provided quality calibration services for electrical test and measurement equipment. Tra-Cal calibrates a broad range of electrical and physical dimensional test and measurement equipment accredited…
Tra-Cal calibrates a broad range of test and measurement equipment, cables, and connectors: Cables and Connectors Verification (Calibration and Testing Services) Signal Analysis Equipment (vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and…
Tra-Cal Knows Mechanical Measurement Tools Tra-Cal calibrates a broad range of mechanical measurement tools and equipment: Manual tools (calipers, dynamometric wrenches and screwdrivers, torque wrenches, etc.) Powered mechanical measurement tools (electric, pneumatics, hydraulic) Mechanical…
Do you have two or more electronic test equipment pieces that need calibration on a regular basis? Ask us about our Multiple Equipment Calibration Discount Program and find out how…
Tra-Cal Knows Torque Tra-Cal calibrates a broad range of torque tools and equipment: Manual tools (dynamometric wrenches and screwdrivers, torque wrenches, etc.) Powered torque tools (electric, pneumatics, hydraulic) Torque meters…