Every step in the path to new satellite development is crucial — from design and simulation to verification and manufacturing through deployment. NSCA and Keysight are here to help customers accelerate the speed of design, test, and manufacturing while maintaining a high quality of service and low risk profiles. From guidance and power systems to satellite payloads and microwave communications, our design and validation tools provide greater assurance that your satellite and its subsystems will work the first time, every time.
Design Verification and Component Test
The move from low- to high-volume production of complex satellite systems is a challenge specific to LEO constellations. The testing of today’s electronic systems benefits from high‑performance test equipment — analog and vector signal generators, spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector network analyzers, and more. You can simulate the entire RF channel from ground station to ground station, and test precision hardware components via hardware in the loop (HWIL). In either case, our solutions are ready for your complex test applications.
You no longer need to introduce more risk to lower test costs. Processed based design and test reduces test time and cost without sacrificing operational confidence.
PNA Network Analyzers
Reach for unrivaled excellence with Keysight PNAs
- The Keysight PNA and PNA-X frequency can be extended up to 1.5 THz with frequency extenders.
- Choose between three PNA Network Analyzer Series to get the right mix of speed, performance and price
- In R&D, obtain a higher level of measurement integrity that helps you transform deeper understanding into better designs
- On the production line, attain the throughput and repeatability you need to transform great designs into competitive products
- Get the ultimate expression of Keysight expertise in linear and nonlinear device characterization
System and Signal Monitoring
Satellite ground station installation and maintenance (I&M) requires a wide range of RF/microwave tests up to mmW frequencies. Keysight’s handheld microwave analyzers have the functionality of up to 20 instruments which reduces the pieces of heavy test equipment that you need to take to the field.
The N6820ES Signal Surveyor 4D software enables observation of spectrum use with advanced energy detection, triggers, and automatic alarm tasking.
FieldFox Signal Analyzers
- The FieldFox handheld signal analyzers have transformed the way earth stations can be tested to assure maximum system uptime, and routine maintenance must be done quickly and accurately in a variety of weather conditions at the earth station.
Satellite Signals and Communication
Satellites are designed to send and receive signals; for simple telemetry, tracking, and control (TT&C) of the satellite itself, to the broadcast of audio and video content, or as part of a modern high-throughput satellite (HTS) or 5G communications network.
Keysight products allow you to generate and analyze video signals DVB-S/S2/S2X, standard or custom communication signals like: custom IQ, OFDM, and 5G from dc to V-band and beyond. These tools are necessary to test the entire satellite system. These products also let you debug everything from sensor data on the controller area network (CAN) bus, to cutting-edge low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS), or SpaceWire signaling in a digitally channelized or regenerative satellite.
Satellite Power Systems
A satellite must generate, store, and manage all of its power requirements throughout its operational lifetime. Proper analysis of power generation, storage, and usage in a satellite is an essential part of the system test.
During satellite testing, it is seldom possible to use actual solar arrays to provide power. Two of the reasons for this are obvious; there is no direct sunlight in a test bay, and it is not practical to test outside. Solar array simulators provide repeatability and controllability that make it possible to simulate the effects of varying operating conditions — light intensity, temperature, shadow, eclipse — at multiple operating points and achieve consistent results.
- Fully exploring, assessing and troubleshooting the behavior of a satellite’s assemblies can be made simpler using a more advanced instrument that can emulate various electrical disturbances. Keysight power analyzers and supplies are perfect for such applications.
- Power measurements are important in the testing stage of satellite communication systems because they monitor the output of transmitters and detect power anomalies.
Read more about our Satellite Solutions in the brochure below:
Contact your NSCA Keysight Small Business Partner for details and pricing today!